Data Protection Declaration
Gienanth GmbH (hereinafter “Gienanth”) operates a website for Gienanth (hereinafter “platform”) under the domain name “www.gienanth.com”. We provide information below concerning the collection of personal data during the use of this platform. Personal data are all data that can be personally related to you, such as name, address, email addresses, and user behavior.
Your data will be collected, processed, and used as described in greater detail below in accordance with the provisions of the Telemedia Act (TMG) and data protection laws, particularly the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) – as of 25 May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (DS-GVO):
1. Collection of personal data during informational use
(1) During merely informational use of the website, in other words when you do not log in, register, or otherwise transmit information to us for use of the website, we do not collect any personal data, with the exception of data transmitted by your browser to enable you to visit the website. These data are:
- IP address
- Date and time of the query
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Data quantity transferred
- Website from which the request originates
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software
(2) In addition, cookies will be saved on your computer when you use the website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive, assigned to the web browser that you use, and through which certain information flows to the location setting the cookie (in this case, to us). A cookie typically contains the name of the domain from which the cookie originates, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, generally a randomly generated unique number. Cookies cannot execute any programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They are used to make the Internet offering more user-friendly and effective overall.
- Transient cookies (temporary use)
- Persistent cookies (for limited-time use)
- Third-party cookies (from third-party vendors)
- Flash cookies (permanent use)
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. This includes session cookies in particular. These cookies store what is known as a “session ID”, which allow various queries by your browser to be assigned to the shared session. These allow your computer to be recognized when you return to the website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a predetermined duration, which can vary depending upon the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time using your browser's security settings.
d) You can configure your browser settings as you wish and, e.g., refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. Information on the management and deletion of cookies as well as corresponding instructions for popular browsers is also available at www.meine-cookies.org. Please note, however, that you then may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
e) The flash cookies being used are not registered by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. They save the necessary data regardless of which browser you are using, and have no automatic expiration date. If you do not wish to flash cookies to be processed, you must install an appropriate add-on, e.g. “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or Adobe Flash Cookie Killer for Google Chrome.
(3) This information is stored separately from any other data that may be given to us. In particular, cookie data is not linked to your other data.
2. Collection of personal data during personalized use
(1) In addition to purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested in doing so. For this, you must generally provide additional personal data, which we use to provide the respective service. If additional voluntary information can be provided, such information is marked accordingly. We collect, process, and use only the personal data required for your registration and use of the platform, or which you upload to the platform yourself. This involves in particular the following basic data and usage data, which are required for you to conclude a contract for the use of the platform and so that we can make the platform available to you according to the contract:
- Name (consisting of form of address, first name, last name)
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
(2) We use basic data and usage data in order to establish with you the contractual basis for use of the platform, to design, change, or terminate its contents, to fulfill our contractual obligations, for user login on the platform, and to contact you if requested by you or if required or permitted by law within the scope of the contractual relationship. Your contact information, such as company name, contact person, email address, telephone number, and information uploaded to the platform by the user, will also be displayed to third persons whom you enable to access the platform.
With the exception of the data collected by the third-party vendors named below, personal data will be stored and processed within the European Union.
Basic data is deleted two years after the ending of the contractual relationship at the end of the calendar year, unless longer storage is required and permitted by law.
Your user profile on the platform, together with the data and information you have uploaded to the platform, will be deleted no later than two weeks after the ending of the contractual relationship.
3. Statistically anonymous analysis of usage data
Unless you object, we are entitled to create user profiles using pseudonyms for advertising or market research purposes, or to ensure that the platform structure meets user needs. In particular, we anonymously analyze usage data for statistical purposes in order to structure the platform to meet user needs. You can object to this use of your personal data by notifying us. (for contact information, see section 11)
4. Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies,” text files that are stored on your computer and allow your use of the website to be analyzed. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is generally transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. If IP anonymization is activated on this website, however, your IP address will be abbreviated beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. The complete IP address will be transferred to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there only in exceptional cases. Google will use this information on behalf of the website operator to analyze your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities, and to provide additional services associated with the website use and Internet use to the website operator.
(2) The IP address ascertained by Google Analytics from your browser will not be combined with other data from Google.
(3) You can prevent cookies from being stored on your computer by making the appropriate setting in your browser software; in this case, however, you may not be able to fully utilize all functions of this website.
(4) In addition, you can prevent the recording of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) to Google as well as the processing of these data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available through the following link:
(5) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension „_anonymizeIp()“. This causes IP addresses to be further processed in an abbreviated form, thus ruling out any direct relationship to an individual.
(6) Google Analytics is used in accordance with the conditions agreed upon between the German data protection authorities and Google. Information on the third-party vendor: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User terms and conditions: www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, Overview of data protection: www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, and the data protection declaration: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
5. Social Media Plugins and Third-Party Services
b) Inclusion of third-party services
(1) We have also included content from the following third-party vendors on this website: Google Maps
(2) When you visit this website, the third-party vendor receives the information that you accessed on the corresponding subpage of our website. The data mentioned under 1. (1) of this declaration will also be transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether this third-party vendor provides a user account through which you login or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in with the plug-in vendor, these data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish to have this assigned to your profile with the third-party vendor, you must log out before activating the button.
(3) The third-party vendor stores this information as a usage profile and utilizes this for purposes of advertising, market research, and/or user-oriented configuration of its website. Such an analysis is performed in particular (even for users that are not logged on) to provide user-oriented advertising. You have the right to object to the creation of this user profile, whereby you must exercise this right by directing objections to the respective third-party vendor.
(4) You can obtain further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the third-party vendors in the data protection declarations by the third-party vendors shown below. There you can also obtain additional information concerning your rights and settings options to protect your privacy in this regard.
(5) The addresses of the respective vendors and URL with their data protection notices:
Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
We use subcontractors for processing personal data and we conclude a contract with these order data processors pursuant to the requirements of sec. 11 BDSG/Article 28 DSGVO.
The subcontractor for platform hosting is Mittwald.
Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
Königsberger Straße 6
8. Protection of personal data
We undertake technical and organizational measures pursuant to the requirements of sec. 9 BDSG/Article 32 DSGV0 to protect users’ personal data. All of our employees involved in processing personal data for the platform are required to maintain data confidentiality. Users’ personal data are encrypted using HTTPS when being transmitted to the platform.
9. Legal Basis
The legal basis for data collection and data processing is sec. 12, 13, 14 and 15 TMG, sec. 4 (1), 28 (1) sentence 1 no. 1 BDSG, Art. 6 (1) a) and b) DSGVO.
10. Rights of Affected Persons
The user and other affected persons are entitled to the following rights with respect to their personal data:
- Right to information
- Right to correction
- Right to deletion
- as of 25 May 2018: Right to restriction of processing
- as of 25 May 2018: Right to data transferability
11. Service Provider/ Responsible Office / Contact Data / Objection / Revocation of Consent
The service provider pursuant to sec. 13 of the Telemedia Act (TMG) and responsible office pursuant to sec. 3 (7) BDSG and responsible person pursuant to Article 4 no. 7 DSGVO is:
Gienanth Gmbh, Ramsener Str. 1, 67304 Eisenberg
CEO: Dr. Hans-Jürgen Brenninger
Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
All requests for information, correction, and deletion, objections or revocations of consent, assertion of the right to restriction of processing or the right to data transferability, as well as comments or questions from the user relating to data protection must be sent to this address in writing.
12. Data Protection Supervisory Authority and Right of Appeal
The data protection supervisory authority responsible for our Company, with whom a complaint may be filed concerning violation of data protection laws, is:
State Data Protection and Freedom of Information Officer for Rhineland-Palatinate [Landesbeauftrage für Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit Rheinland-Pfalz]
Prof. Dr. Dieter Kugelmann
Hintere Bleiche 34
13. Data Protection Officer
Data Protection Officer of Gienanth Group:
14. Update of this Data Protection Notice
The content of this Data Protection Notice must be adapted from time to time. We therefore reserve the right to amend it at any time. We will send the amended version of the Data Protection Notice in advance to registered users and will publish it in the same location as the present Data Protection Notice.