The Gienanth iron foundry in Eisenberg, Germany
The iron foundry was established in 1735, and was leased a few years later by Johann Jakob Gienanth.
The company health insurance fund was founded as early as 1857 - decades before Bismarck introduced the social insurance system - which shows just how foresighted the company management already was at that time.
The production of hand-mold castings for large-bore engines began in 1935. In 1964, the first series machine-mold casting production was started on an automatic vertical molding line for the automotive industry.
In 1996, the involvement in the production of cylinder crankcases was strengthened considerably by a 10-million euro investment which enabled Gienanth to double its capacity for producing engine blocks for oil and gas engines weighing 0.5 to 6 tons.
In 2002, Gienanth introduces industrial robots into production.
Gienanth has been owned by Deutsche Beteiligungs AG since 2015.
The iron foundry in Fronberg, Germany
The company was founded in 1449 as a hammer mill for the production of sheet metal, wire, and weapons.
In 1636, the factory produced weapons for the Thirty Years’ War. The foundry was incorporated into the company some 200 years later.
From 1861, the focus was on the production of bar iron and beginning in 1908, the company introduced machine-mold casting.
A large-scale modernization and expansion phase took place between 1934 and 1952.
The foundry has been a subsidiary of Gienanth since 2005.