The head quarter of today's Gienanth Group was founded in 1735 in Eisenberg/Pfalz as a hammer mill. In subsequent decades the location was equipped with blast furnaces and was run as an iron and steel plant which held an important position in the production network of the Gienanth industrial family. At that time the company's deep sense of social responsibility was very important, as Ludwig von Gienanth was already providing his employees with outstanding medical care by 1831. At the start of the 20th century, production began on high quality iron casting components for the automotive industry. The first engines for the race cars of automotive legends of Bugatti, for example, came from our plant in Pfalz. In 1935, the company began production of engine blocks for large engines, a market segment that has had great significance for Gienanth to the present day. In 1964, Gienanth was one of the first industrial companies with automated production on vertically parted molding lines and once again set itself apart as a technological pioneer.