The history of Gienanth Chemnitz Guss GmbH began in 1852 in the Saxon city as a loom factory. In 2000 Markus Trompetter took over the company and later renamed it Trompetter Guss Chemnitz GmbH. In the following years, the foundry was realigned and invested in state-of-the-art plant and machinery. This includes, among other things, two horizontal molding lines on which highly complex iron casting components with part weights of up to 100 kilograms are cast. The site was integrated into the Gienanth Group in April 2021.