Gienanth - Tradition & Innovation
The processing of iron and metal has a long tradition at our six locations. Through the centuries, they were plants of great importance for the regions and the world market. Gienanth has continuously adapted and set new standards again and again. Whether its state-of-the-art production technology for manufacturing high-precision iron casting components of every size and complexity, or, for example, setting up a company health insurance fund long before Bismarck introduced similar programs: Gienanth has continuously been ahead of the curve and had a long-term vision. It is part of our tradition to recognize challenges and opportunities early and proactively shape the history of the company.
The head quarter of today's Gienanth Group was founded in 1735 in Eisenberg/Pfalz as a hammer mill. In subsequent decades the location was equipped with blast furnaces and was run as an iron and steel plant which held an important position in the production network of the Gienanth industrial family. At that time the company's deep sense of social responsibility was very important, as Ludwig von Gienanth was already providing his employees with outstanding medical care by 1831. At the start of the 20th century, production began on high quality iron casting components for the automotive industry. The first engines for the race cars of automotive legends of Bugatti, for example, came from our plant in Pfalz. In 1935, the company began production of engine blocks for large engines, a market segment that has had great significance for Gienanth to the present day. In 1964, Gienanth was one of the first industrial companies with automated production on vertically parted molding lines and once again set itself apart as a technological pioneer.
The founding of Fronberg Guss GmbH in Schwandorf, Bavaria goes back to 1449 and thus three years before the birth of Leonardo da Vinci. In the 17th and 18th centuries there was a greater concentration on the production of bar iron. At the beginning of the 20th century, the company introduced machine molding. Following extensive renovations in the second half of the last century, Fronberg Guss increasingly concentrated on the production of high-quality cast iron components using the hand-molding process. Since 2005 the plant has been a subsidiary of Gienanth GmbH.
The current Gienanth Steyr Guss GmbH originated as a venture of Daimler-Steyr-Puch AG after World War II. After various modernizations and qualifications, in 1990 the internal company metal processing company was founded, which is still producing production-ready high-precision iron casting components in small and medium-sized series for the end customer. In 2009, a company for casting post-processing in the neighboring Czech Republic was added, which is still an essential pillar of the production network today. In 2018 the three companies were acquired by Gienanth.
The history of today's Gienanth Zaigler MBA GmbH goes back to the Hans Wagner cylinder grinding shop founded in 1954, which was taken over by Heinz Zaigler in 1985. At the end of 2020, Zaigler became part of the Gienanth Group. The Kulmbach plant is one of the leading processors for large and complex components weighing up to 50 tons. For more than 60 years, Zaigler has been the strong partner in the fields of drilling, turning, milling and specializes in the machining of cylinder crankcases for large engines.
The history of Gienanth Chemnitz Guss GmbH began in 1852 in the Saxon city as a loom factory. In 2000 Markus Trompetter took over the company and later renamed it Trompetter Guss Chemnitz GmbH. In the following years, the location was realigned and invested in state-of-the-art plant and machinery. This includes, among other things, two horizontal molding lines on which highly complex iron casting components with part weights of up to 100 kilograms are cast. The site was integrated into the Gienanth Group in April 2021.
In addition to our production plants in the heart of Europe, Gienanth also has a significant international presence. We are also working with local strategic market leaders in the USA and in India to meet customer requirements locally.
Today Gienanth is one of the leading solution providers globally in the area of high-complexity iron casting. Customers worldwide trust the proved product solutions of Gienanth and in addition to Europe, we also ship overseas. Gienanth represents premium quality and 100% delivery reliability. Our portfolio includes cylinder crankcases and engine components, such as cylinder heads and crankshaft bearing caps for large engines - whether they are used as power generators, in locomotives or on ships. We also supply products to the machinery construction industry and the mobility industry in the railway sector, for passenger vehicles, utility vehicles and agricultural machinery. We do not consider ourselves strictly a producer, but more of a partner to our customers. Even during the development stage of new and innovative cast iron parts, we are already setting key benchmarks. We thus make sure that product ideas take shape in the form of a well-engineered concept. The prototype at the latest shows how valuable the ideas of our experts are in optimizing the development of cast parts.